An Insider's Guide to Economic & Financial Market Forecasting*
Dr. Gary Shilling is the president of A. Gary Shilling & Co., editor of A. Gary Shilling's Insight, and a long-time Forbes magazine columnist. Twice ranked as Wall Street's top economist by polls in Institutional Investor, he has also been cited by The Wall Street Journal many times for his on-the-mark economic forecasts. MoneySense has ranked him as the 3rd best stock market forecaster-right behind Warren Buffett.
In This First-Time-Ever Master Class, he will share:
- There are no sure-shot forecasting techniques. If one were developed, it wouldn't work for long, since as everyone applied it, its foundation would change significantly.
- There's an excess of data, so the trick is to spot the one or two key variables in a specific time. They could be Fed policy, consumer behavior, foreign trade wars, etc.
- Most forecasters are paid to be bullish, so beware of rosy numbers.
- For a forecast to add value, it must entail market-moving events that have a good chance of occurring, but are not yet within the purview of the consensus.
- Investors are more surprised by bear than bull markets, and economic and financial market downturns unfold faster than upswings.
- Successful forecasts entail selecting and correctly forecasting the key data, folding in history, experiences and hunches-and lots of luck in timing.
The objective of forecasting is to identify the significant but undiscounted aspects of the outlook. This is where the true opportunities for investors lie and where business can get the jump on competitors. Don't miss this rare chance to learn the unique investment approach of one of the industry's best market forecasters.
$109 per person if purchased by July 24; $139 per person if purchased after July 24. Includes refreshments.
Please call for more information or to purchase tickets at 800-970-4355.